The Recycled Planet is excited to partner with the University of New Hampshire (UNH) in their trailblazing NH Social Venture Innovation Challenge. As a brand born from the passion of a UNH alumnus, Stephen Weisbuch, this collaboration is close to our heart, aligning perfectly with our mission to blend style with sustainability.
Sharing their innovative ideas to tackle urgent sustainability challenges, the UNH students participating in this challenge are game-changers planting the seeds for a greener tomorrow.
On December 5, 2023, the top 10 teams will present their groundbreaking solutions in the Final Round. We invite you to learn more about these brilliant minds and their ideas, and to join us in cheering them on.
We are honored to support their mission alongside UNH's Changemaker Collaborative, the Sustainability Institute, and the Peter T. Paul College of Business & Economics, the Carsey School of Public Policy, and several other community partners, including:
- Alnoba: Known for its leadership and team development expertise, Alnoba has been an incredible ally, offering both funding and experiential learning opportunities to UNH students.
- Impax Asset Management: A long-time supporter of UNH, Impax has been instrumental in providing hands-on learning experiences through internships and fellowships.
- Kennebunk Savings: Their continued support and active participation in programs like the Community Changemaker Challenge and the UNH B Impact Clinic reflect a shared vision for innovation and community development.
- Unitil Corporation: Through their support of the Summer Sustainability Fellows program and the SVIC, Unitil Corporation has been a pillar in fostering student growth in sustainability.
- Cirtronics, CCA Global Partners, Prime Buchholz, and New Hampshire Businesses for Social Responsibility (NHBSR): These organizations have shown steadfast commitment to sustainability and education through their ongoing support of UNH programs.
- UNH ECenter Maurice Prize: An invaluable mentor to competing teams, the ECenter embodies the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship at UNH.
In our efforts to celebrate these students' passion for sustainability, The Recycled Planet is awarding the winners with our sustainable, fashion-forward outerwear made from recycled and repurposed materials.
Together with UNH and our fellow partners, we are on a mission to empower, inspire, and equip the next generation of sustainability leaders. Join us in this exciting journey and witness how innovation and collaboration can reshape our world.